Most people relate sit ups primarily to your stomach, but the truth is that a sit up should target
your core. This includes your stomach, back and sides. When people do sit ups alone they
usually will not get the result they are going for because they only work out their stomach
muscles this results in chiseled abs but an undefined core. Here are some of the ways you can
get the most out of your sit ups to gain not just a chiseled stomach, but amazing core.
1. Try working out with a ball instead of directly on the floor. When you work out with a
ball you are giving your core more range. Essentially you are including your back in the
work out because you are arching your back to curve to the ball. When doing sit ups it is
crucial to stretch your stomach as to avoid looking bulky in your midsection if you are
not into that. So when doing sit-ups on a ball you can also prevent this from happening
because you are simultaneously stretching your stomach. The last, but not least thing
working with a ball is balance. Any exercise that requires balance requires your core,
which encompasses everything with your core.
2. If you do decide to work out on the floor make sure you are incorporating an exercise
routine that will include your whole core. This could be doing side sit-ups and back sit-
3. Plank is also an excellent way to balance and strengthen your whole entire core. Plank
is a balancing exercise that strengthens your whole entire body at once. If you are a
beginner try doing this intense workout for about 30 seconds to start off. You can build
up to a higher time and while in the process you are guaranteed to see results.
4. If you’re hitting the floor another excellent exercise to practice is the bicycle not only
are you working your abs you’re working your oblique’s which when worked bring in
your waist line.
5. The 5th exercise will be working with the ball again but this time it is reversed. So
instead of doing a sit up position on the ball you will be placing your stomach on the ball
and arching your back. This workout routine targets your major core areas as well.